You may already be using my Action File to control the daily incoming paper. Another area of concern with paper is “projects”. Those things that are in process over several days or more. To keep these projects (and the paper involved) organized I use “Universal Clear Project Files” available from Shoplet. This is an economical resource for office supplies. They have quick shipping and small minimum orders. These come in packages of 25 for $4.51 and come in handy for so many uses!
These clear pockets are open on two sides (8.9 x 11.4 in)
- I have put some in my car to organize ads and coupons by location.
- I have a couple on my desk top to keep notes of my coaching clients (or other active projects) in order.
- One is in my Action File to hold checks I have deposited on line until I am sure the deposit went through.
- How about using one for organizing greeting cards by event?
- I used one for all the paperwork involved in a business transaction.
- I find them handy for the handouts for speaking presentations.
- Keep the documents you purchase for business presentations clean and neat in a file box in your car.
- By cutting one down it’s handy to keep small coupons or business cards in my handbag.
Many of my clients make appointments to coach, present products and services or network with other business people. This can be a time bandit! You call. Get Voice Mail. They return the call….get your voice mail. “When works for you? No, I can’t do that one.” And the process drags on.
Wouldn’t you LOVE to have an efficient way to schedule appointments by giving the other person YOUR calendar of available times to choose from? Here’s a great way to “get it done!” If you only need to schedule 5 appointments a month, it’s FREE! For unlimited use it’s just $49 a year (with a month of free trial!).
Click here to learn more!
Nobody wants to spend the summer slaving over a hot stove! Summer is a perfect time to implement simple suppers. Salads, cookouts and garden feasts are the order of the season. Since it’s summer and you want to relax, here’s a SMARTcut(R). You can create simple meal plans using “your meals. simplified.”
This guide will serve you throughout the summer and beyond with tips to save time in the kitchen while you serve your family quality meals….all in 15 minutes or less! By popular demand I collected my own family’s favorite fast recipes in the SMARTcut Recipe Collection. Oh, and don’t forget that summer is a perfect time to start (or continue) teaching your kids to cook.
By having easy meals planned ahead you will have even more time to spend at the pool with the kids.
Now that’s what I call a VACATION!
Have you ever felt trapped, where it almost feels claustrophobic even though you’re not physically in a tight space? Ever feel like you were destined to be stuck in the same state forever? Have you ever been in a situation where you kept doing the best you could but it seemed to get you nowhere different? Ever experience the kind of trapped feeling where it seemed like the only direction left was out of this earth?
No woman should ever have to stay in a demeaning relationship because of money. No family should ever feel trapped in a run-down home because they think their fate is to be poor. No man should ever feel trapped by a job that drains the life from him and robs him of time with his wife and kids. No one should ever have to make important decisions based on lack of money. No one has to feel trapped when they awaken to the abundant truth hiding in plain sight!
Abundance is a real thing to be tapped into. To be rich means to have options. Adhis helps create options and guides women and families to freedom.
Enjoy this Guest Expert interview with Adhis Boucha, The New Money Mama.
Here’s Adhis’ 30 Day Tracking Sheet promised in the interview:
30 day Tracking Sheet
Abundance IS already. Will you claim it?
Our current information age keeps us all too abreast of current events, not the least of which are emergency situations around the world. Since no one is exempt from inconvenience to tragedy, it only makes sense for us to be as prepared as we can. Here are just a few area you may want to check and/or improve to keep you and yours safe.
1. Fire Extinguishers and smoke detectors. Key areas might be garage, kitchen and AC/Furnace room. Check batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors 2 x year. Set a reminder on your computer or phone.
2. Emergency water. Will you be “up the creek” if the water supply is contaminated or interrupted? Why not stock a few cases of water bottles. Do it for free by rinsing empty 2 liter soda bottles. As long as the water you store is “potable” (means good drinking water, even from the tap) it will be safe. Recommend storing out of contact with sunlight. How about the hard to reach areas under the sink? Make sure NOT to put food/water storage containers directly on concreate floors (toxic). Goal is 14 gallons( 2 week supply) per family member. Store unscented household bleach to purify other water as needed.
3. Emergency heat/power. Ever been long without power? Get some long burning candles or flashlights (maybe the crank powered ones?). This is an inexpensive and safe DIY project. Use a clean quart paint can (home improvement stores sell ’em). Smash in a roll of toilet paper and soak with alcohol. Replace lid. Tape on a BIC lighter and paint can opener. Once used refill the alcohol. The paper doesn’t even burn. Weird! Great to keep in the car in the winter. Butane stove burners are also very inexpensive and can even be used indoors. Be sure to get BUTANE and not PROPANE. Mine is a one burner and I have 4-8 bottles of butane. I could cook for several days/weeks on this if needed.
4. Emergency food. Gather up some meals that require no refrigeration and little or no cooking. Here’s my a list of breakfast foods I can keep on hand. All can be prepared with at least my butane stove (above). Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, Pancakes, Rice, Cold Cereal. For lunches or dinners: Packaged/canned soups, pasta dishes, canned meats, beans, and of course, classic PBJ and crackers. Be sure to add in some candy (especially CHOCOLATE) and canned fruits. When you and yours are under stress, familiar favorites will taste pretty darn good.
Creating an ideal weekly plan can help you have what I call “life rhythm”. Periodically I design my “IDEAL WEEKLY RHYTHM”. I realize that there will be changes, but deciding what is the most efficient use of my time helps me to get more done. It is like putting together the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. I map out what activities will fit together best. I color code my plan to see that I have appropriate amounts of time allocated to my various activities.
I created a SHORT video to give you a clear picture of how to use the Rhythm Plan! I would be happy to send you a copy of the worksheet and the video – free – please just fill in the information below! I’d love to hear about your success!
WEEKLY RHYTHM PLAN color code suggestions:
BLUE for spiritual time meditation or planning time.
GREEN for income producing time (sales appointments, or service calls).
PINK for business preparation/admin time. This might include placing orders, filing, book keeping, or phone calls. ORANGE for personal time. This could be exercise, reading, education.
YELLOW– Family time, sweetheart time, etc.
PURPLE -Networking, recruiting, contacting prospects, working with team or employees.
Here are two of my most recommended filing systems. Choose the one that fits your needs the best. Simply click the image to learn more about each one!
Paper Tiger is a SMARTcut Solution for keeping track of paper, media, storage boxes, on line files and more. This is a great choice if you have lots of “stuff”, multiple family members or businesses to keep in control. Helps you search quickly for more than paper, no scanning required. Have you ever procrastinated filing something because you can’t decide WHERE it goes? By creating a keyword search you (and others) all will be able to know where something went. Free trial. Click the image above to see videos and learn about options.
Freedom Filer is my recommendation for family files. This SIMPLE to use system helps you know what to keep and clean out periodically with virtually no effort. Click image to find out more and purchase.
“Debbye’s SMARTcut Solutions make it a breeze for me to run my business smoothly without the overwhelm of paper work, to do lists, and the day to day operations needed to grow and sustain a successful business. Continue reading
“It’s so important to have FUN in your life … but how can we have time for fun unless we get systems in place to help us organize the things that tie up our days?
Not only that, but chaos has “mental baggage” that really drains our energy. Debbye helped me change my office space from drab to DREAMY and the creative energy that comes from “knowing where things are” has had a direct impact on my life.
She’s an “efficiency whiz” and I needed that from someone who has that to offer! She does. Hands down. Thanks to her, I now run two businesses … and they each have their own set of parallel systems that keep me organized. Without Debbye, I would have never been able to do that.”
Sandy Parker, Texas Fun Lady … and jewelry designer for Phenominoes – Phenomenal Art on Dominoes
There’s something about having a beautiful, well organized handbag that just breeds confidence and serenity in a busy woman’s life. Need a business card on the spur of the moment (one without gum stuck to it)? Want a pen and paper to write a note in the school drop off lane? Embarrassed to reveal all just to find your lip gloss?
This 7 minute video will give you some SMARTcut® Solutions for selecting an efficient wallet.
If getting your handbag SIMPLIFIED is high on your “to do” list, check out my favorite tool.
Here’s the SMARTcut Solution I’ve saved for any “big deal meal” you will be preparing in the future! Continue reading
Recently I did a little calculation on the high cost of what I refer to as “email quick sand.” Many folks had been complaining about the tons of time they were spending on email and I got curious about the costs. I’m funny that way. I like to see what inefficiency costs. I decided to be generous so here’s what I did…. Continue reading
I am on a quest this year to find a solution to my memorabilia. I have cabinets (yes, plural!) filled w/ photos, certificates, and other keepsakes that are more “cold storage” than enjoyable. Continue reading
Is your email inbox like QUICK SAND? Do you avoid it at all costs? I know plenty of people who find it completely unmanageable. Continue reading